Mobile elevated working platforms
Providing safe equipment is only one part of your duties when it comes to safe working at height. This ITSSAR-accredited course gives workers the skills and knowledge they need to use access platforms safely.
Each course covers one kind of mobile elevated working platform (MEWP): telescopic, articulated or scissor-lift.
Accredited course: The course is approved by ITSSAR – an accredited governing body recognised by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Course duration: 1-2 days (depending on experience and number of trainees)
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations1999
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Operators’ safety code
- Introduction to MEWP and controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover
- MEWP stability
- Inspection and use of safety harness
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering in open and confined spaces
- Operation of MEWP controls
- Battery care / refuelling procedures
- Practical, pre-use inspection and theoretical tests
Where subjects cannot be covered practically, they will either be simulated or covered orally followed by an appropriate theoretical test.
Note: Where training is at your site, you must provide safety harnesses.
For more information, please contact us on 01432 277180, or drop us a line.