Specialist lift trucks and telehandlers
Operating specialist lifting equipment like rough terrain lift trucks and telescopic handlers takes special skill – with constant risk assessment a key factor on uneven ground.
This comprehensive, ITSSAR-accredited course is designed to help operators of all levels understand the engineering principles involved in ensuring stability, and to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to work safely with either a telehandler or a rough terrain forklift.
The course can be adapted for novice trainees, experienced operators with no formal training, or refresher and recertification for more advanced users.
Course duration: 1-5 days (depending on trainees’ experience level)
- HSW 1974, MHSW 1999, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998
- Operators’ safety code
- Introduction to truck and use of controls
- Mounting and dismounting
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering in open and confined spaces
- Lift truck stability
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover
- Refuelling procedures
- Weight assessment
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Driving on and off ramps and inclines
- Vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and destacking – free standing and on racking
- Testing – practical, pre-use check, associated knowledge
Where subjects cannot be covered practically, they will either be simulated or covered orally followed by an appropriate theoretical test.
For more information, please contact us on 01432 277180, or drop us a line.