Industrial counterbalance or reach trucks
This short, ITSSAR-accredited course is designed to give absolute beginners the basic skills and knowledge they need to operate a forklift truck safely.
As well as practical skills and instructions, it includes an introduction to the particular kind of truck, and key elements like the importance of routine pre-use checks.
Course duration: 3-5 days (depending on number of participants)
- HSW 1974, MHSW 1999, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998
- Operators’ safety code
- Introduction to truck and use of controls
- Mounting and dismounting
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering in open and confined spaces
- Lift truck stability
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover
- Battery care/refuelling procedures
- Weight assessment
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Driving on and off ramps and inclines
- Vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and destacking – free standing and on racking
- Testing – practical, pre-use check, associated knowledge
Where subjects cannot be covered practically, they will either be simulated or covered orally followed by an appropriate theoretical test.
For more information, please contact us on 01432 277180, or drop us a line.