Very Narrow Aisle Reach Trucks
Even for experienced forklift users, Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) reach trucks for use in confined spaces of 6 feet and less are challenging.
This ITSSAR-accredited course is designed to help operators of all levels understand the key principles and acquire the skills and knowledge they need to work safely with VNA trucks. The course can be adapted for novices, experienced but untrained operators and refresher and recertification purposes.
Course Duration: 1-5 days (depending on trainees' experience level)
- HSW Act 1974, MHSW 1999, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998
- Operators' safety code
- Introduction to truck and use of controls
- Mounting and dismounting
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering in open and confined spaces
- Lift Truck stability
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover
- Battery care and safe recharging procedures
- Weight assessment
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Driving in aisles under guide rails
- Driving in aisles with under-floor guides
- Stacking and destacking on the relevant racking system
- Testing practical, pre-use checks and associated knowledge
Where subjects cannot be covered practically, they will either be simulated or covered orally followed by an appropriate theoretical test.
If you would like to learn more about our VNA Reach Truck course, contact us now and we can talk you through the details. Alternatively, you can send us a training enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as possible to help guide you through the process.