Industrial Counterbalance or Reach Trucks
This short, ITSSAR-accredited course is designed to give absolute beginners the basic skills and knowledge that they need to operate a forklift truck safely.
As well as practical skills and instructions, it includes an introduction to the particular kind of truck and key elements like the importance of routine pre-use checks.
Course Duration: 3-5 days (depending on number of trainees)
- HSW Act 1974, MHSW 1999, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998
- Operators' safety code
- Introduction to truck and use of controls
- Mounting and dismounting
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering in open and confined spaces
- Lift Truck stability
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover
- Battery care/refuelling procedures
- Weight assessment
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Driving on and off ramps and inclines
- Vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and destacking, both free standing and on racking
- Testing - practical, pre-use checks and associated knowledge
Where subjects cannot be covered practically they will either be simulated or covered orally followed by an appropriate theoretical test.
If you would like to learn more about our Novice Training course, contact us now and we can talk you through the details. Alternatively, you can send us a training enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as possible to help guide you through the process.