Mobile Elevated Working Platforms
Providing safe equipment is only one part of your duties when it comes to working safely at height. This ITSSAR-accredited course gives workers the skills and knowledge they need to use access platforms safely. Each course covers one kind of mobile elevated working platform (MEWP): telescopic, articulated or scissor lift.
Accredited Course: This course is approved by ITSSAR, an accredited governing body recognised by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE).
Course Duration: 1-2 days (depending on experience and number of trainees)
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Provision of Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Operators' safety code
- Introduction to MEWP and controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover
- MEWP stability
- Inspection and use of safety harness
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering in open and confined spaces
- Operation of MEWP controls
- Battery care/refuelling procedures
- Practical, pre-use inspections and theoretical tests
Where subjects cannot be covered practically, they will either be simulated or covered orally followed by an appropriate theoretical test.
Note: Where training is at your site, you must provide safety harnesses.
If you would like to learn more about our Platform training course, contact us now and we can talk you through the details. Alternatively, you can send us a training enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as possible to help guide you through the process.